Thursday, October 16, 2008

What people really know

Although we all know that Americans don't know too much about the election and the issues, but this is a funny clip from the Howard Stern show (Warning: this sight may be offensive to some):

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

[IN addition, I think that this is a good example of how pollsters can manipulate the answers that they get. Notice that the person asking the questions says everything with confidence and most of the responses are dont quickly without thinking)

2 comments:

Steven P said...

I think that even if their answers were not manipulated, it is still their vote and they can use it as they please, even if its voting for someone the same color as them, as this Howard Stern clip suggests.

Daniel said...

I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to vote based on race or religion (Like Lieberman with the Jews) or even sex (potentially Sarah Palin) I just think it is interesting how little people know.

In addition, I failed to make another important point in my post and that is that it is clear that the Howard Stern Show has taken only 3 clips from what I'm sure was at least a few hours of interviewing. Nevertheless this is still interesting on some level.